amonstercalledme

Let's Talk About Books

An out of practice reader discussing the books I get around to reading.

Hex
Thomas Olde Heuvelt
Progress: 33/448 pages
Ararat: A Novel
Christopher Golden
Progress: 144/320 pages

About Me

So I got a LOT more followers yesterday. Special thanks to those who recommended my blog! I did a little AMA thing yesterday, and like I said, I like talking about myself, so I'd like to post the questions I answered here as well as some other things about me here, just so you all know a bit about the girl behind the blog.

How are you enjoying the Rob Lowe book?

I'm actually really liking it so far! I love pop culture and learning the behind the scenes sort of things, so it's a fascinating read for me!

What genre/s do you primarily read?

Mostly YA, especially paranormal and dystopian stuff. I also dabble in horror, mystery, fantasy, and scifi. I'm also always a sucker for the classics and have a shelf full of ones I still need to read.

Is your cat Russian Blue or part Russian Blue?

We don't actually know what Harley Davidson ('cause of his purr) is. We got him at a shelter and they didn't seem to know the breed either. However, we're 99.9% sure he is at least part Russian Blue. My mom suspects he might have a little Siamese in him. And from what we've heard, he behaves in ways typical to the breed. He hates Loki, the mini-Aussie in the picture, as you can probably tell.

Any other pets?

We have a mutt named Harvey who's about 8 years old I think. Maybe a little older. He was my nana's dog, but she moved into an apartment so we took him for her. I think he looks like a golden retriever with the coloring of a border collie but he might have something else in him.

Top 5 Favorite Books

'Cause I can't choose just one, right?

1. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

3. I Am Not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells

4. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

5. The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

Favorite Book-to-Movie Adaptations

1. Jurassic Park

2. The Princess Bride

3. Pride and Prejudice (the Kiera Knightly one)

4. The Wizard of Oz

5. Odd Thomas

Favorite Authors

1. Dan Wells

2. Carly Anne West

3. Patrick Ness

4. Dean Koontz

5. Lemony Snicket

Where do you like to read?

I have this futon that was my bed for a while but now it's just my flat couch with a lot of random crap on it. That's where I mostly read. That or my swivel chair. When I'm at my mom's house though I love to read in my bed, since it's super comfy and I have a ton of pillows. If I can get Harley to come snuggle, it's even better.

Favorite Activities

1. Reading

2. Writing, mostly screenplays

3. Yoga (I'm not good)

4. Hiking

5. Embroidery

6. Watching movies with friends

What do you want to do with your life?

I just graduated with bachelors in both Psychology and English, though I'm still working out what I want to do with that. Right now my plan is to get a PhD in Forensic Psychology (I'm gonna be the next Clarice Starling, thank you very much) though eventually I'd also like to screen write for television.

I'll add more as I think of more. And of course, feel free to ask!