amonstercalledme

Let's Talk About Books

An out of practice reader discussing the books I get around to reading.

Decisions, Decisions

Mom usually gives us at least one book for Christmas, usually as a stocking stuffer. Like, last year I got the Portlandia cookbook, year before that I got Project Cain, etc. So she asked me to send her a list. The kicker is deciding what books I REALLY want, since I know that i can only send her a small list and in the end I'll only get one. It's a hard job. So here are the ones I asked for.

1. The Killing Joke - Alan Moore
Fun fact: My dad apparently has an original edition of this, still in the plastic. We found it this weekend when we were going through his comics.

2. Illuminae -Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

After hearing the author's talk, I HAVE to check this book out. If only so I can ask my Australian coworker about some of the jokes.

3. No One Else Can Have You - Kathleen Hale

I saw the book described as Pretty Little Liars meets Fargo. I don't watch the former but I LOVE the latter. So this seemed like a good options for a free book.

4. Slasher Girls and Monster Boys

It just sounds awesome.

5. Mr. Monster - Dan Wells

I don't have it, figured now was the time to get it.

If nothing else, there's a 50% chance I'll get a Barnes and Noble gift card. So there's always that.

Side note: CMU was not the cuddle buddy I thought she'd be. She was too wild for a snuggle. She also tried to eat books.