amonstercalledme

Let's Talk About Books

An out of practice reader discussing the books I get around to reading.

50 Q and A

I saw this from YouKneeK's post and thought it looked like fun! As I've said, I love answering questions about myself.

1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?

Open. Usually because I just forget to close it after getting my clothes in the first place, but also because there's something about a closed closet door that creeps me out at night. It depends on the closet though.

2. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?

I toss and turn a lot so regardless of how I want my sheets to be they get tucked out. That said, I prefer them tucked in, especially in the winter. In summer I care a little bit less 'cause my feet get all sweaty.

3. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?

No. The boys of my freshman year dorm did however and put it in the girls bathroom.

4. Do you cut out coupons and never use them?

I don't really cut out coupons but I don't use the ones I get online either. Sometimes I'll manage to use them. It just depends on how much I remember.

5. Would you rather be attacked by bears or bees?

Assuming it's a fatal attack, bears. I think that would be over a lot quicker. Plus I just love bears.

6. Do you have freckles?

No. When I was younger I wanted them more than anything though.

7. Do you always smile for pictures?

Yeah. Unless we were doing something silly, like when it's me and my siblings.

8. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?

9. Have you ever peed in the woods?

Not in recent years, but yeah.

10. What about pooped in the woods?

Same as #9.

11. Do you chew your pens and pencils?

No, but I rub my pens against my lips when I'm thinking.

12. What’s your song of the week?

Probably "Something to Believe In" by Young the Giant. I've listened to it a lot this week. It's fun and it makes me think of one of my writing projects.

13. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?

Fo sho. I think it's my brother's favorite color.

14. Do you still watch Cartoons?

Yep. It's mostly adult cartoons these days, like Archer and Venture Bros, but I also quite like My Little Pony. I like cartoons. They often have some of the best humor and I love the different art styles.

15. What do you drink with dinner?

Water, soda - Diet Coke, regular Coke, or Ginger Ale mostly - or something alcoholic. My favorite alcoholic beverages are red wines, amber ales, and rum and coke.

16. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?

Normal BBQ sauce, though I'll settle for ketchup should I have to.

17. What’s your favourite food?

It changes, though I really love these things called runsas my mom makes.  They're basically German meat buns with cabbage and onions. They're SO good. I also love bleu cheese and pears. That's a great ones as well.

18. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?

Yep, up until my sophomore year of high school. I loved it and had a lot of really good friends through it. Then we moved from Oklahoma to Colorado and I didn't like my new troop as much and decided to quit, especially since I had other activities like theatre I wanted to pursue more.

19. Would you ever strip or pose naked for a magazine?

Probably not. Maybe from like the back or waist up, something tasteful, but not like Playboy level.

20. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?

Nope. I got a warning once but that's it. Knock on wood.

21. Favorite kind of sandwich?

Zupas makes one called the TBA (turkey bacon avocado) that I absolutely love. It's sweet and savory, all my favorite things.

22. Best thing to eat for breakfast?

I'm actually not a big breakfast person. Like, I eat it, but I'm not in love with breakfast foods. That said, there's this restaurant called The Egg and I that makes the best egg's benendict.  They have one called the Hikers Benedict that has asparagus and tomatoes that is just delicious. I love it.

24. Are you lazy?

It depends. I've been more productive lately, but I definitely have a problem with procrastination and can be really lazy. Especially on the weekends. I'll binge watch an entire season of shows when I have work to do.

25. What is your Chinese astrology sign?

I think it's the rooster, but I don't remember.

26. How many languages can you speak?

Fluently, only English. But I've taken a lot of Spanish classes and am working on getting fluent with that one. I'm also learning German because I'd love to travel there one of these days. My friend Carter and I speak it when we're working in the office, though pretty much it's just silly phrases like "I'm a potato."

27. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?

Not exactly. I haven't subscribed to any magazines, but I'm a member of the APA (American Psychological Association) and they send me various psychology magazines. I haven't read any of them though, something I should probably work on.

28. Are you stubborn?

Oh yes. So very much so. I'm open minded, to be sure, but when I'm set on something it takes a lot to shake me.

29. Are you afraid of heights?

Yes. I push the fear but I'm terrified just the same.

30. Do you sing in the car?

Yep. I'm a ridiculous diva, especially on road trips. By the time I get to my mom's house my voice is completely shot.

31. Do you ever dance in the car?

Not really. Just tapping on the steering wheel.

32. Ever used a gun?

Only BB and airsoft guns. Oh, and squirt guns. My friends and cousins go shooting a lot, but I'm not a big fan of loud noises so I've never really had the desire.

33. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?

My senior pictures. Mom wants to get one done before the end of the summer, but we'll see. Maybe one day I'll put it up here.

34. Do you think muscles are cheesy?

35. Favorite type of fruit pie?

I'm not a big pie person, but I do enjoy cherry and apple. Peach too.

36. Occupation you wanted to be when you were a kid?

A lot of different things: wildlife photographer, actress, children's book illustrator, housewife, nun at one point. That's all I can remember at the top of my head but there were probably more.

37. Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes. My friends and I want to go ghost hunting one of these days.

38. Ever had a deja-vu feeling?

All the time. It's ridiculous.

39. First concert?

Cage the Elephant and Foo Fighters back in 2011. I came for Cage the Elephant (who I'm seeing again Friday!) and stayed for Foo Fighters 'cause why not.

40. Nike or Adidas?

Neither. I'm an Asics girl. Though I'd like to try another brand one of these days. Maybe Puma.

41. Ever take dance lessons?

Yes. When I was little I did ballet and sort of a generic dance class for kids. Then in middle school I did tap dance. In college I learned some swing dance, and now my friend is teaching me some breakdancing moves.

42. Regularly burn incense?

No. Strong smells from things like perfumes and incense give me really bad headaches so I try to avoid things like that.

43. Who would you like to see in concert?

I would LOVE to see Fall Out Boy. They're one of my absolute favorite bands and have been since high school. I'd also love to see Of Monsters and Men, Lumineers (technically seen them before but concert got cancelled halfway through), Modest Mouse and AWOLNATION.

44. Hot tea or cold tea?

Hot tea. Not a fan of iced tea unless it's really sweet.

45. Tea or Coffee?

In the mornings, I prefer coffee. In the evenings, I prefer tea. If I had to choose one probably tea, but it really depends on the occasion.

46. Can you swim well?

I thought I could, but then we went to Hawaii and went snorkeling and I realized I am not a good swimmer at all.

47. Are you patient?

Yes and no. When it comes to waiting for something, like a movie or dinner, I'm patient. I get a little irritated maybe but I can wait. When it comes to people though, especially people I find annoying, then not really. If I'm in a mood and I don't like you, I will snap pretty quickly.

48. DJ or band at a wedding?

DJ. I've never been to a wedding with a band, but I love DJ's because then I can hear all my favorite songs.

49. Which are better, black or green olives?

I hate olives.

50. Would you rather live in a fictional world or the real world?

Probably the real world. As amazing as fictional worlds are, there's never really been one that I've been dying to live in, at least not since I was little. That said, if I could take vacations to like, Hogwarts or chat with The Monster from A Monster Calls, I would. I'd also go to Jurassic Park. I'd die, but I'd definitely go.