An out of practice reader discussing the books I get around to reading.
Saw this going around, gonna do it 'cause it looks like fun!
1. Do you have a certain place in your home for reading?
Two. When I read, I'm either in my bed, which is ridiculously messy at the moment, or upstairs on the good couch. Although I have been reading by the fire place more lately.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I use random pieces of paper. Usually they're either book store receipts or the due date slips from the library. Lately I've been using a bookmark though, one with Grumpy Cat on it. Just depend on what's more convenient at the time.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop read after a chapter / certain number of pages?
I need to finish the chapter. That's part of the struggle I've been having lately since I want to read but I don't want to read until the end of the chapter.
4. Do you eat or drink while read?
Yep. More likely drink than eat since I don't like getting crumbs or grease on the pages.
5. Multitasking: music or TV while reading?
Nope. Can't do it. Gives me headaches actually.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
I'm more at a point where I do around two at a time.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Anywhere I can. I prefer at home 'cause that's where my couch is but I read in bookstores and hotels and planes, etc.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently. Reading out loud is too slow for me.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Sometimes I'll read the last sentence of the book. If it's really intense and it's stressing me out I might read ahead to relieve some of the tension.
10. Barking the spine or keeping it like new?
I prefer if it looks like new but I don't let it stop me from reading my books as I'd like.
11. Do you write in your books?
Only if I need to keep notes, like for classes or the social media work I do. Writing slows me down and it bothers me to see a book marked up. That said, my doodles in my copy of Julius Caesar are quite the gems.