amonstercalledme

Let's Talk About Books

An out of practice reader discussing the books I get around to reading.

The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side
Agatha Christie
Progress: 20/351 pages
In cold blood: a true account of a multiple murder and its consequences
Truman Capote

The Battle Plan

Sad news: Been using Imgur since Photobucket's become a pain in the ass and Imgur doesn't have mustache stickers. Think it's gonna be aviators this year, but it won't be the same.

1. A Grimm Tale: Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter. - I say I'll read this one every year and every year I don't. Will this be the year?!

2. Genre: Horror: Over Your Dead Body by Dan Wells. - It's been on the list a while, now is the time.

3: Darkest London

4: Classic Horror: Turn of the Screw by Henry James - It looks like a short read which lord knows I need.

5: New Release: The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul G. Tremblay - I've been intrigued about this one since first hearing about it.

6: 13

7: Supernatural: The Hunger by Alma Katsu - I haven't finished it yet so might get my ass into gear and get it done for this square.

8: Terrifying Women: Something by Shirley Jackson. Haven't decided what yet, but I've been wanting to read her stuff for a while.

9: Romantic Suspense

10: Doomsday: Coldbrook by Tim Lebbon. - Another one I've started but need a push like bingo to actually finish.

11: Ghost Stories: Something by Adam Nevill. He has quite a few books that appear to be ghost stories so he seems like a good pick.

12: Diverse Voices

13: Free Space:

14: Country House Mystery: An Agatha Christie novel, most likely.

15: Creepy Carnivals

16: Fear the Drowning Deep

17: Amateur Sleuth:

18: Terror in a Small Town: Little Heaven by Nick Cutter

19: Modern Masters of Horror: Something by Joe Hill. Again, not sure what. We'll see what the library has.

20: Slasher Stories: Would a true crime novel count? Hmmm....

21: Cryptozoologist

22: Murder Most Foul

23: Cozy Mystery:

24: Genre: Suspense

25: Spellbound

I ran out of steam. I'll come up with the rest later. Though, as usual, suggestions are welcome. :D